A bit of fishing and sunshine in between hail, snow, sleet...

My guys all just arrived home from a camping trip with big grins and that wonderful smoky campfire smell :) They got a late start as the highway was pretty much shut down, so they missed the troop hike on Saturday morning. They did take their own hike at one point, but they turned back due to fog. They enjoyed fishing, though younger son needed help as he has a fractured elbow. The weather seemed to be the highlight of the trip. In only 24 hours, there was rain, thunder, lightening, hail, sleet, dense fog, sun coming out, and upon waking in the morning, snow!

We too, just returned from a weekend campout - a bicycle outing. Of course last weekend was in the 70's. This weekend in the low 40's with 20-30 mph winds. We sure know how to pick 'em! But I was proud to see our scouts ride 25+ miles in poor weather conditions with little or no complaining. Even our youngest and smallest new crossover finished the trip! Yours truly rode in the support vehicle and supplied the lunch. A dirty thankless job, but somebody had to do it.

Thank God for younger ASM's!

This weekend was our OA spring weekend.

I drove OJ up on Friday afternoon, it was raining really hard. When I picked him up today the grass was covered with snow.

He said that he had taken the role of Brother Fox at the OA Vigil ceremony on Saturday. The way he described it the Fox could have been an Arctic-fox.

Eamonn.

Although we're in the Midwest, we lucked out and only got rain, instead of snow (much of the Midwest got nailed by a late season snowstorm). We were on an outing in Northwest Illinois, and luckily, the rain cleared out on Saturday, so it was sunny, but still cold and windy. Nonetheless, the Scouts all seemed to have a great time, got our Dutch ovens back in practice for summer use, and had a fine campfire Saturday night. I know I don't remember much after I hit the couch after getting home Sunday, so it must have been a good trip! :-)