Pardon my excitement but.......

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone.

OGE I'm flattered. Stop it, I'm blushing.

Once again, Bob sees the big picture.

Guess who her first non-family visitor was?

My Senior Patrol Leader and his mom, the Troop Treasurer.

Scouting IS a family. I now have 1 daughter and 40 sons. Luckily I only have to foot the food bill for the daughter.

I can see Laurel now starting to kindergarden and :

Telling the teacher "Daddy had 40 sons, but they don't live with us."

Wondering why the classes aren't broken down into smaller patrols.

Wondering why all the adults think they are in charge, and looking for the SPL to find out.

During recess teaching knot tying and compass reading on the playground.

Saying the Scout Oath and Scout Law after the Pledge of Allegience.

Making sure her backpack has a first aid kit, compass, duct tape, rope and TP in it before getting on the bus because we must BE PREPARED!

Oh, and by the way, dont forget she will always see her daddy as the perfect man. If you show love, she will love, if you show good manners, she will have good manners

If you swear, she will swear, if you have no regard for her, she will have no regard for herself either.

She will become a mirror of you and your wife

(the Aerie of the OGE flock congratulate you)

Hello Laurel, it's good to see you. We hope you like it here.

C-section! Twice I made the trip home from hospital an extra 20km so that I could avoid those potholes.

My Scouts were great at looking after my two when they were little. So 40 sons means 40 babysitters on camp - you should be camping every weekend so that you can have a break!

Congratulations to growing Long Family

I have not seen your picture Mike, but after seeing the beautiful picture of Mother and Daughter, I'm glad Laurel Rose takes after her Mother. :) I celebrate the 1st birthday of my Grandson Lance today. He's taking his first steps this week. Hopefully toward Eagle! By the way, you don't have to be old to be a Granddad.

We thank God for the gift of love you have received. He gave you 40 boys to care for to train you for this change of life.

OGE, very true. My current favorite quote is "What you are doing is so loud that I can't hear what you are saying."

FScouter the troop held a baby shower for us and they all pitched in and bought us a baby backpack. One of those hefty Kelty models for backcounty use.

ASM7 that is exactly the way we see it, a gift from God. The Scouts were parenting JLT. Laurel is my Woodbadge. Oh yeah, look around the site, my photo is in there.

Tiny it's so very good to see you posting again. I was wondering where you were.

Mom and baby are home now. Let the wild rumpus start.

Mike Long - I used to have a Kelty baby backpack. Some of my fondest memories are hiking through Yosemite National Park with my son in the pack. There is no difficulty hiking with a baby that cannot be dealt with, and the experience is the greatest.