So share with all of us your plans for high adventure in the 2005 season.

My troop is going whitewater rafting at Blue Ridge Mountains on the New River I believe. I'm not going.

Instead, I'll be attending the 2005 National Jamboree at Fort AP Hill.

Rappelling tower;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Our troop is going to the Boundary Waters for 6 days in July. I'm down as a backup but since I'm still recovering from the shattered knee obtained while crossing a stream during last years HA trip in the Black Hills, I'd rather not go this time. By next year maybe the pain will be gone and it will be more stable. I've canoed in the Boundary Waters a few times so missing it is not a big loss. Since I'm scheduled for scout camp and on staff at NYLT I should get my fill of long term camping. I also will try to get a week of flyfishing/bacpacking in WY and a trip to the Porcupines Mtn biking in before the end of summer.

well, to start things out, we are going whitewater rafting on the Cheat on the 22nd. then, in july we are going to do part of the AT, in maine. sometime in august, we are going on a long canoe trip. then in sept or oct. we are going on the gauley. all summer long we are also running a rifle and shotgun shooting program.

What is boundary waters?

A group of lake and rivers that boarder Minnesota and Canada.

It is a beautiful unspoiled area. Go to www.ely.org for an idea.

BSA also has a high adventure place there, I believe it is sommers.