USCG MARINE OFFICE INFORMAITON!!!!!!

Why is it that the leaders of National BSA base are breaking the USCG laws. Not only now but according to the USCG Marine Inspector(MIami FL.) since 1996! Certainly blatent disreguard for Federal Marine Law should not be taught to children. Nor should these laws be broken simply for our money. Aside from the risk at which OUR children are placed in!! One would question there INTEGRITY....HONESTY...RESPECT... I think you know where I am going... And why is it that we are not being informed of this as we send our children off to NATIONAL SCOUT CAMP!!! Apparently our money, and not our opinion is their concern. What about our choice in the matter, these are our kids, their health and safety is now the responsibility of the National Councl????? According to the USCG offices (Wash. DC and Lt. CMDR at Miami Fl) it is NOW and has been illegal to carry more than 6 passsengers aboard an uninspected vessels!! let alone day trips but certainly for overnight passages without extra crew other than a Lic. Captain. If your planning a High Adventure At Sea.....Question this, and request USCG "confirmable"documentation authorizng such authority to operate "above the law", when all is said and done and the unfortunate happens.....you will be responsible and they......lets face it will hide behind the pen! Operations have been shut down once this year(but I am sure you were already told this...weren't you?)

I am going to Seabase in 5 days and was concerned.

So I called the USCG station in Maimi and they faxed me a copy of the MOI (memorandium of understanding) that was issued by the USCG this year. It states that Seabase and the USCG agrees that Seabase can operate vessels with 8 passangers and 1 licensed captain.

This NEW MOI was issued because of a disagrement between the USCG and Seabase that occurred earlier this year.

The issue Marinelaw is discussing has been resolved.

Sorry Marinelaw but it seems you are beating a deadhorse here.

But thanks for raising your concern.

Why don't you contact the 7th district of the USCG and ask them to fax you a copy of the agreement?

We don't all have scanners.

The phone and fax numbers to contact them are easily found on the internet.

Unc.