2001 Boy's Life Jambo Video.

I have just finished viewing the video of the 2001 Jamboree. I have plans to show it next month at a Jamboree Troop meeting.

Have to admit to spending a lot of time playing with it, in order to pause it at the very small shot of our gateway.

While I know that many of the people who are in charge of organizing troops have now filled them and in our Council we have a waiting list. If you are trying to recruit Scouts to attend this video is excellent.

It really goes a long way to show how much fun Scouting can be and is.

Does anyone know if it is available on DVD?

Eamonn

I for one was very disappointed in the video. I wanted something that was like a mini-documentary on the Jamborree. Perhaps a video scrap book if you will.

What I got was a cheesy promo video that didn't really do a very good job of showing what it was like to be there. It also left out most of the things I most wished I had a video of to remember things by.

I heard that the shows staff put together a video of their own that is superior to the official one.

One Lad who attended the last Jambo was very active with his video camera.

I asked if I could see the tape and he told me that I wasn't old enough. It seems that the tape would be better used to promote a restaurant that uses Owls as its' logo.

Eamonn

• 4 weeks later...

I think you could probably pick up the promotinal DVd on the main sites like ebay, if someone is auctioning it, or you can try the usual Boy Scout retails. I have never seen the DVD version, but the video one was sure worth the money. Helps bring great expectations to the next Jamboree in 2005, can't wait!

-CTBoyScout101