Every thursday during our week of summercamp, there is a Camp wide Chili contest. For three years running I was the Chief Chef of our troops entry. Last year I was an ASM at the national Jamboree and this conflicted with our Summer camp. As luck would have it the two guys from the troop who did chili won. (DRAT) I mean, good for them! The problem is, both have moved away, leaving me again responsibel for the chili preparation and defending the troops title.

I need something unusual, I think white chilli would do it, does anyone have a good recipe for it? And how do I keep it white? The stuff I have made so far looks more like grey oatmeal that chili.

It will be the Camps 50 year anniversay, I want to make white chili and color it Gold

Any hints?

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I've not tried coloring this, but I suppose you could experiement. Try the following

Pork - cut into small cubes and browned

potatoes - cut into chunks

Great Northern (white) beans - and/or other white beans to taste

and

Fresh NEW MEXICO green chilies - not the canned stuff (try http://www.buenofoods.com/)

you could toss in some posole too

(a special corn cooked with lime and dried)

salt

pepper

garlic

onions

to taste

Can you tell this is one of those dishes that is never the same twice? No matter what color you make it would definately be different than the standard "red" dishes. Isn't there a gold potato - Yukon Gold or something, might add your gold color.

The Bueno Foods page has a couple of recipies too.

Best of luck with keeping the title!