OGE,

Mmmmmm, Miss Landers is hot! Unlike that smarty-pants Judy up at the front of the class.

Actually, I do need to do the IOLS, I'm just having trouble getting pumped up for it. I just got back from camp a week ago and it has turned cold, rainy and windy here.

• 3 weeks later...

Our Crew is off to the Big Apple on Saturday for a taste of urban high adventure. It's an annual trip that is quite cool. We have no plans except what is made during the car ride to NJ. We take the ferry to NYC, ride subways. It's all about cool modes of transportation and craziness in the city during Christmas.

OT,

Sounds like a fun trip. Lots of folks don't know how much fun NYC can be, but it's especially cool during the holidays.

One thing I've always enjoyed is the "buzz" that seems to be in the air of NYC when I step out of the train station when I visit. The place is just charged with energy all the time.

Good luck and have fun.

SA

So OT, did you and your crew get to the Big Apple in the snow?

You should have come to Boston, you'd probably still be here. I think we got close to 2 feet over the weekend. I read in the paper there was one youth group that had gone camping over the weekend in Maine and just managed to get out of the woods today.

SA

Alas and Alack (a story for another time0

The Crew did not get a chance to take a bite out of the Big Apple, the snow would have been bad enough but unfortunatley OGE was under Drs orders to stay home and off his feet.

The good news is, NYC isn't going anywhere and we shall return

We are cabin camping near a lake this weekend. Had we anticipated such mild weather conditions we would not have reserved cabins. I guess the adults will tent and we will let the scouts have the cabins......or maybe.....

Anyway we have some disaster professionals from ESDA coming to teach injury make-up to the older scouts while the new scouts learn some more first aid techniches. The we will brin the patrols together and have the New Scout Patrol diagnose and treat the injuries that the older scouts have reproduced.

Next the regular scouts will build some large scale pioneering projects while the NSP learns the basics of lashings and the they will go outside to experience the projects the older scouts built.

Finally the regular and venture patrols will learn more advanced mapping skills using topos of the area we have received, while the NSP plays the compass game and makes plans for their 5-miler.

At night we are watching Return of Titans and Follow me Boys while we scarf down some Boy Scout Popcorn.

Should be alot of fun.

Bob,

I may have a unique kind of outing fixin' to happen.

For background - this troop is just a few months old and none of the boys were in cub scouts, so this is pretty much all new to them. None of our families have a lot of money to spend, so we decided to let whatever the boys sold in popcorn go to buying uniforms and start paying for summer camp. Well, they did pretty well. So... the first activity in Jan. is a shopping trip. The nearest scout shop is about an hour away and the whole troop, leaders and all, are going to buy complete uniforms. From the caps to the socks, we'll be in Class A's. The campouts - this weekend: ropes course - are much more fun than shopping, but it will be cool to have everyone in uniform!

bd

Well the troop is off to a great weekend...without me. The Flu bug bit Tuesday night and so I'm sitting this one out. I'm hoping if I feel well enough tomorrow that I can drive up and spend part of the day helping out. Don't know which I want more, to be able to go or to just feel that well.

Home sick wishing I was homesick,

Bob White(This message has been edited by Bob White)