Who actually made the trail tent from the old handbook

Hi,

I have just completed a project from the Handicraft section of the 1948 scout handbook. It is a 9 foot by 9 foot canvas rectangle with tie tapes and grommets in strategic locations so it can be pitched in many diferent ways as a tent. I used RIT tan dye to color the fabric and waterproofed it somewhat with silicone water guard spray (I hope it works otherwise I need to spend morme money on waterproofing, but the garden hose test tomorrow will tell) and sewed it together from medium canvas that was in the $1/yard bin at the local WalMart.

Who else actually made one of these ever? If you did, how did you most often pitch it? What did you use to waterproof the fabric? Does anybody else remember these?

I am certainly not a 1948 model myself so I wouldn't actually know if this was a very common project, but does anybody ever remember making these back in the day? I'm happy with how it turned out, and tomorrow it gets the hose test to see where it leaks and where it doesn't. Might be a fun item to experiment with at the next campout too.