PVC Frame for Mosquito Netting in BSA Wall Tent

I saw a picture of a pvc frame for mosquito netting. Does anyone happen to have the plan for the frame that you can share? I could try to design one, but I'm missing a few details. Let's see the BSA standard wall tent has 3' 6" wall before it slopes up to 7' at the center. Moving 8" in from the wall, I'm looking at the height of the frame to the "slope" is about 50" (tall enough for a scout to sit upright on a cot that's about 18" off the ground). The width of the frame is about 32" and the length is 84". Does this sound about right? Any help is appreciated.

YIS

1Hour

You must bear in mind that there are three or more "offical" wall tents available with diferent, yet somewhat similar dimensions. You should also remember that mosquito netting cot drapes are only so large too. Also, my summer camp has a few older discontinued diferent yet size wall tents. Mabey fitting the PVC to a commercially made mosquito net for a cot would be better, it'd be small enough for any scout tent just about, instead of fiting it to the tent and building the net for it.

willysjeep ... that is a problem! I was calculating it using the "standard" wall tent dimension, which is the smallest of the three that BSA carries and the most popular with the Summer Camps.

With a little more search, I found that troop 880 in Floriday has a schematic for it http://home.cfl.rr.com/troop880/Forms/Net_Frame.pdf . This should fit almost any of the wall tent. I also got the mosquito netting. Your are correct, the frame will need fit the netting. I will give it a try with a few small modification. My son will build his own though! Thanks.

1Hour

Long

I made a PVC Frame the first time my son and I went to Scout summer camp. The version I made was simpler then the one already listed. What I did was for each end of the cot make a U shaped frame out of PVC. Each frame consisted of two uprights that were about 3-4 feet long, two 90-degree connectors and then a crosspiece the approximate width of the cot. The connectors can be glued to either the uprights or the crosspiece. The frame was attached to each end of the cot with 4 (two per leg) velcro wire ties, these were also used to keep each set together when dissembled. You can actually use only one set at the head of the cot and be quite comfortable.

My son used one of these at camp this summer. Net from Army surplus store fit fine with enough left over at the bottom to keep mosquitoes from getting under, but there was a problem spiders lots of daddy long legs and others. They would crawl under the net and up inside. About drove him nuts until he moved the net to the inside of the frame (tied up the corners) and tucked the sides under his sleeping bag to form a good seal. Good solution!

Good luck!!