A Predilection for Success

A Predilection for Success

As a compass keeps a hiker going in the right

direction, Scouting's values put young people on

the right path. For over 90 years, Scouting has

provided an "internal compass" guiding millions

of young people throughout their lives.

For every 100 boys who join a Boy Scout troop:

1. Twelve will have their first contact with a church or synagogue.

2. Five will earn their religious emblem.

3. Three will enter the clergy or a religious vocation.

4. Eighteen will develop hobbies that will last through their adult life.

5. Eight will enter a career that was learned through the merit badge system.

6. One will use his Scout skills to save the life of another.

7. Two will use their Scout skills to save their own life.

8. Twenty-one will become adult Scouting volunteers.

9. Three will become Eagle Scouts.

These statistics were found at meritbadge.com and I thought they were interesting enough to share. I find it difficult to believe that only 3% of all scouts become Eagle, I would have guessed it to be at least 10-15%.

Ive written the administrator a couple of times about coolscout101without any success. Obviously he is a troll and a disrupter, I would encourage everyone to write to admin@scouter.com and let them know how you feel. BTW, there is no need to engage him, he isnt interested in anything but being subversive. It looks like his mommy doesnt know hes using the Internet.

I have seen this before, actually our troop normally reads this or soemthing like it before it awards the Scout rank at a Court of Honor

I think the number is 3 percent because BSA takes into account every member who ever signs up. Think of all the boys who bridge and you never see them again. Think of the boys who attend one outing and are never heard of again. 3 percent is about right for all troops. Then again, as I have heard this for a few years, I wonder if it has changed recently?

I have seen this before, actually our troop normally reads this or soemthing like it before it awards the Scout rank at a Court of HonorThis is a great idea, it well lays out ones journey forward as well as highlights the benefits of scouting. I hope we can adopt this at the COH for the Scout rank presentations, its going in the suggestion box.