hand sanitizer fire starter

G2SS is very clear that the use of liquid fuels for fire starters is prohibited. G2SS is silent on the subject of gel products. Also, G2SS would appear to prohibit the use of liquid fire starters for charcoal. Anyone else have any thoughts on this subject?

We haven't used liquid fire starter for charcoal in as long as I can remember. We normally use a few matchlight briquettes with regular kingsford on top...gotta haul two kinds of charcoal around, but that's the way it goes. There have been many incidents with that stuff, especially when sprayed to re-ignite coals. That 16-ounce can packs a huge explosive force.

The hand sanitizer method is an emergency procedure, not a default program standard, as I see it. When we studied emergency prep MB, one of the caveats was that some of the LNT principles go out the window when you're trying to get found.

Is a gel a liquid? I dunno, probably calls for a determination of the specific gravity/viscosity of the gel, and some are more gel-ly than others. Any takers?

KS

Actually, from what I remember from Chemistry 101, a liquid is a state of matter that will flow to conform to the shape of its container, and is not compressible. Therefore a gel hand sanitizer is a liquid.