hot water dispenser

I have seen a "pan" that is placed on a heat source.

cold water is poured in one opening, and hot water comes out of a different opening.

I assume the cold inlet drops low in the pan and the hot water is displaced, to a higher outlet.

I am looking for instructions, plans, or parts lists, etc.

Thank You

Marty Paquette

Troop 055 Pack 587 Niles, Mi.

cj5red@yahoo.com

The charcoal powered water heater looks awesome, but is a little complicated to make for the typical bloke. My DE had something that was much simpler to put together, although it wouldn't keep water hot as long.

He took one of those square 3-gallon restaurant-size containers (metal) that oil or something comes in. Two holes in the top...one that it came with, and one 1/2 inch or so that you poke in the top at the "neutral corner" from the built-in hole. In one hole, stick in a PVC pipe that fits snug in the hole until it's about 1/2 inch from touching the inside bottom of the can. In the other hole, stick a 4 foot length of garden hose, snug, so the inside end is about 3 inches inside the top of the can. Fill it with water and put over glowing charcoal or a wood fire. When the water's hot enough to wash with, pour as much cold water fairly slowly into the PVC pipe as you want hot water to come out the hose. Come out it does, and you're ready to wash. And, with all that hot water, you can change your wash water enough to keep the whole thing sanitary.

KS