Philmont Arrow as Adult

Just a quick poll/question for others.

When I was 15, I attended Philmont. Growing up in the mid-west, all of the adults who had been to Philmont wore their Philmont Arrow's. I've since joined the military, and moved to another state.

Now, as a 35+ adult leader in a different state, I've started to notice none of the adults in my current district wear their Philmont Arrowhead's. I understand I'm geographically farther from Philmont now, so fewer people may have had the chance to attend, but there are a few in the district who have.

So, my question is: Should I remove my Philmont Arrowhead? I earned the patch, but I also understand how some scout leaders seem covered in patches. I like to think I'm advertising Philmont and High Adventure to anyone who'd like to ask me, but I dont' want take away and seem like I'm bragging.

Just looking for some thoughts on patch wearing as an adult.

Sqyire,

For me, it depends on what I'm doing. At Cub meetings/activities, I don't wear it; its a dangling cloth to get paint or something on. Visiting Scout and Venturing units as a Commissioner I only wear it when supporting a high adventure program, etc. So usually I don't wear it. But that's not because its limited by anything other than my own preference. Wear the Philmont Arrowhead whenever you want and encourage the program to all you meet!

My Philmont Arrowhead is actually the standard dangle patch I almost always wear (with my OA 75 Anniversary Award ribbon & vigil pin, in the philmont arrowhead plastic holder).

I rarely remove it, and then only temporary to wear another dangle.

East coaster here. Most adults around here wear a Philmont belt/buckle. A few wear the arrowhead patch. I mix it up. I wear my Philmont buckle with my Northern Tier belt. Then I wear my Triple Crown patch on my pocket.

I wear mine from time to time, partly to remember my grand adventures, and partly so scouts will ask about Philmont. I strive to not look like a general in full dress uniform, but beleive some insignia can insire youth to explore new program offerings.

Silver on the sage ...

• 2 weeks later...