How do you fix Uniform "Irregularities"

I think it may be a difficult task to ask a parent to re-sew on a patch. It would be for me. That being said, one approach may be not to worry about what is wrong now, but preventing it in the future.

Make a presentation during a parent orientation night. It could be a special section "What do I do with all these patches". Show the new parents where they go. If you have tan shirt Webs, it could be fixed in a couple of years with less fuss and confrontations...

When did it become the parents' responsibility for the scout's uniform? The boys should be taught what the uniform is supposed to look like and left to them to get it right.

While at the cub scout level, I wouldn't advocate the use of a sewing machine, but a needle, some thread and a thimble should be a lot easier to operate than a jackknife.

To this day after 50 years of scouting, I still hand sew all my patches just like my mother taught me to when I was a cub scout. Give a man a fish.....

Stosh

"When did it become the parents' responsibility for the scout's uniform? The boys should be taught what the uniform is supposed to look like and left to them to get it right. "

At the Cub level, it is more of a parent's concern than it is at the Boy Scout level. It's common today to see shirts go without patches for months before they are sewed on. Some people use "badge magic" but regret it later and I always discourage the use of badge magic because it stains the shirt if you have to remove the patches.

"At the Cub level, it is more of a parent's concern than it is at the Boy Scout level."

To this day I remember sewing on my Wolf patch along with the arrow points. Granted I sewed the pocket shut, but I learned, nonetheless. Mom made me pull it out and do it right. :)

Stosh

I am sewing the patches, but I am sewing them through the pockets. Even on my leader shirts on that pocket on the sleeve, it is hard to do! Plus I don't use that pocket anyway, lol. When Clark gets his Outdoor award, I am seriously thinking of removing the flap and sewing the patch where the pocket flap was. I would keep the button on so he can hang temporary patches. Other than that, everything is right on the money for patch placement. Recently did a uniform inspection for my Den and they look so good! I am going to announce uniform inspection for the Pack next week for out first big meeting at the end of September.

Yea, one more week of sewing for my uniforms and then next week it will be two more arrow points for Clark, the Outdoor award and a bunch of patches on his red vest. And then I have to start that blanket project that I have been doing too.