For all the problems we all deal with and discuss, I wanted to share some of the good things about Scouting.

Last week I took some Webelos to a Boy Scout troop meeting. The troop had planned special patrol type events for our boys. The scoutmaster spent over an hour talking to the parents. When we were done we asked the boys if they had fun (as if we couldn't tell from their faces), the answer was YES. Asked what the did, "STUFF!". A week later we are still hearing bits and pieces of the things they did. They are all ready to join Boy Scouts now after 1 troop meeting visit. The troop was wonderful to sacrifice their meeting time for us, a time they usually work on merit badges and advancements. The Webelos got to see what "boy-led" meant and felt very comfortable there.

Also, on Saturday our Cub Scout pack worked on decorating containers to fill with goodies for a local nursing home. We had about 30 kids show up, with a lot of parents, to spend over an hour decorating containers and sorting goods. Everyone worked very hard and did a great job. We have had wonderful support for this project. Soon we will go to deliver these goodies and sing songs for the nursing home residents.

After doing that and popcorn all day Saturday, then many of us gathered so the Cubs could be in a local parade. Again, wonderful support. Boys well behaved and everyone had a great time. Some of our Cub Scout Pack alumni (6th and 7th graders) joined in the parade and helped in watching the younger boys.

Then to top off the week, I had a Webelos scout say last night "wow, I really like Cub Scouting, we have FUN".

Yep, this is why we do it.