Gadgets on the Uniform Shirt

A military surplus store will sell you a khaki navy officer's shirt. It is much, much nicer. You can get it embroidered with Boy Scouts of America over the right pocket and decorate it up, and no one will notice. If you are of athletic build, you will find these fit far better as they are not designed for 400 pound men.

There are at least four different khaki shirt designs in circulation right now - maybe five.

I concur with BSA24.

Our latest crop of scout uniforms seem designed expressly for the sedentary/powerpoint aspects of scouting.

Mil surplus khaki shirts are really good stuff. And lately it appears ebay has had a bunch of old adult size scout shirts from the 50s and 60s, when uniforms were well made and suitable for outdoor use.

So we complained for years that the ODL shirt was too indoor-dressy. We got a new shirt supposedly designed for more active experiences. And we then complain it's too gussied up.

If I were in Irving, I'd be pulling my hair out now. What do we want?

The new shirts are great and hold up well in the outdoors (if something goes wrong they are warrented for life-you cannot get better than that). Some people will complain no matter what. You cannot please everyone.