New Venture Uniforms

Wasn't aware that Venture had their own uniform. Venture Patrols are part of Boy Scout Troops, and so the boys in the Venture Patrol would just wear the regular Boy Scout uniform.

Scouts in a troop's Venture patrol wear the boy Scout uniform.

Venturers in a Venture Crew choose their uniform, which could be a polo shirt and khakis if they want. However, there is an official uniform they may choose to use either as their main uniform, or only as class A.

The Uniform used to be the same cut/style/fabric as the boy Scout uniform, but in different colors. Within the last year a new uniform has been introduced. Grey stretch switchbacks and a dk green performance fabric with back vent.

I have heard mixed reviews. The pants snag easily and the shirt closes with snaps. (how hard is it to repair a broken or bent snap?!)

Not a fan of the supplex green shirts. I will do my best to avoid buying them. Only a few youth in our crew need them (for performing council duties). So they just hand down cotton shirts.

The guys found them uncomfortable. The girls noticed that the fleur-de-lis was not stamped on the buttons.

I don't know what I'll do if our crew decides to adopt the national uniform. But I don't see that happening.

"Venturers in a Venture Crew choose their uniform"

Please note, the program is called Venturing, so the units are called Venturing Crews.

"Within the last year a new uniform has been introduced. Grey stretch switchbacks and a dk green performance fabric with back vent."

Within the last year? NOPE. That uniform was rolled out a 2-3 years ago. They discounted the prior uniform and I picked up a couple of old shirts that way. I don't care for the new fabric. Its stretching and am told it will melt. Pass. I like 'fishing shirts', but not the material and design of the new Venturing shirt.

emb021

You are so correct about the new/current Venturing shirt. Our crew maintains an inventory of the older shirts for the members who need an official BSA Venturing shirt for camp staff or district/council functions. You are also right about the melting, one of the new members of the crew was given a new shirt by his parents. The crew went to a lake on a hot day and the kid wore his new shirt and left it on a rock in the hot sun while he went swimming. When he was done he went to get his shirt and half of it had literally melted into the rock face. He ripped away the half still intact and that was his banner for the rest of the trip. I love the quality materials and workmanship of all the current BSA uniforms, lol.

Thanks for everyones post. I couldn't find any of the older Venture uniforms and was forced to buy new. The new ones are made in India. IDK about many of you but I'd rather pay a little more and get an American made uniform.