Sign in to follow this  
imlazar

American Legion Patches?

so right or wrong we are wearing it and don't plan to stop.

I always wonder what the smart alec adults who say this say to a smart alec kid who gives them an attitude about something. If I were the kid I'd just show them my back.

Cluttered thoughts from a cluttered mind.

It's a apparently a violation of the insignia rules, but , if so, surely a less significant violation of rules than violations that go to the integrity of the program, such as Merit Badge mills or an adult-led troop. Sorta' like a nameplate other than white on black, wearing a square troop neckerchief with the Uniform, or those foreign Scouter brushes that some wear on the Campaign hat. All are violations that no one seems interested in pursuing.

If you make yourself a member of the Uniform Police, you had better follow the rules yourself.

Isn't it one of those priority things? I had a Scoutmaster once who wore an Eagle rank patch on an OD baseball cap. He had the best troop in the district any way you looked at it. I thought that troop was worth the violation.

If uniforming were of critical importance, we'd have a uniform instead of a brand of various clothing items that we mix and match with no uniformity.

We have an answer:

The two emblems are designed to go on a jacket...NOT on the field uniform. You *may* wear the smaller of the two as a temporary emblem centered on the right pocket of the field uniform.

It is NOT worn as any kind of emblem on the right shoulder...was never designed for that. It was designed for wear on an American Legion blue jacket but you can wear it on the right shoulder of a Scout jacket or jac-shirt as your preference.

Last year in 2019 at the national BSA and American Legion Conference they made uniform changes . I am the State Scouting Chairman and the members of Legion Pack and Troops can wear the round BSA Legion patch below the OA Patch in the Temporary space. State Scouters also now can wear the yellow epaulets  but they must be in the role of a state scouting chairman. which means there is only one legion member wearing yellow that is the state chairman.

720003.jpg

• Thanks 1