Friends of Scouting patch

Put the patch on someone's shoulder. Doesn't matter whose. FOS wants folks to know that there are donors in their midst. When another boy asks "How can I get a cool strip like that?" He should answer "Have your mom or dad toss a few bucks towards FOS."

Viral marketing.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Personally, I've got a drawer full of those patches and don't wear them myself nor would I give them to my boys. Just seems a little tacky to me. "

I think the Scout's only motivation behind wanting to wear it is that he thinks the image and colors on it look cool. I agree with him - it is a handsome patch.

I finally got a hold of District and they said exactly what Trevoum said - Any registered member of the Council can wear it. I'm going to tell him to go ahead and wear it if he wants to.

ScoutNut - What did you base your answer on?

Twocubdad mentioned a bunch of council strips. Say what you wish about anybody wearing any strip they like, but I don't see any logic to a Cub wearing a Wood Badge staff patch. Do you? As usual, that's just my opinion. I'm sure somebody will have a dandy reason why it's a good idea. I just won't agree with it.

BDPT00

BDPT00 writes:

"I don't see any logic to a Cub wearing a Wood Badge staff patch...I'm sure somebody will have a dandy reason why it's a good idea."

That's easy.

Test 1,000 Wood Badge Staffers and 1,000 Cub Scouts, "True or False" on Baden-Powell's minimum standards for Patrol System. The Cub Scouts will do better because their idea of fun is closer to B-P's, than office theory experts for the 21st century. :)

Yours at 300 feet,

Kudu

I agree with 2cubdad. Our council has issued a number of special patches that are shaped like a council shoulder patch. Ones for different levels if FOS, Eagle Dinner, Scout Camp, events, etc. These are commemorative patches that are not for uniform wear.

They may go on a cub's patch vest, in a scrapbook, in collector pages, or a memorabilia box.

Sigh.

Zscout, if the patch is issued by your council, if it names the council, if it has the FDL, or BSA, and if it is one of the four approved shapes for council shoulder patches, then by definition it *IS* a CSP. It doesn't matter if it was an activity patch (like a jamboree) or a commemorative patch (like an anniversary), or a fund raising patch(like FOS), it's *still* a CSP.

And if it is a CSP, then anyone in the council can wear it.