square knots on uniform

I mentioned 'chairing' Seattle as a couple of them have like do a Blue and Gold or coordinated a service project as one of the check offs.

Robbin.. Go right on ahead and use playing Boy Scout as it supposed to be FUN. Sure beats those committees where one just sits in a board room thinking or being told they're doing good. I didn't take offense there as I have the same outlook you where trying to convey... *smiles

"The killer requirement for most den leaders is either attending x number of rountables or attending scout university...."

Agree, but I will say that our RT's are okay. I like our University of Scouting but it's only one day a year and can be easily missed if there is a conflict.

It doesn't say WHICH round tables ;)

I just got my Tiger and Den Leader Awards. I went to only 2 CS Round table, and they were day camp oriented. I went to the Boy Scout round tables since A)the annoucnements and upcoming events portion did affect Cubs, B) we had no CSRT to speak off, and C) Kept reminding folks that Cubs are important.

Robbin,

Welcome to the forums.

Was your husband a Scout as a youth? There are knots for the adult uniform for having earned Arrow of Light and Eagle. I like to joke that the first knot I ever earned, I earned when I was 10 years old (Arrow of Light), but I didn't know I was earning a knot until I was over 40. (I didn't say it was a funny joke.) I proudly wear it next to the two other knots I have earned, the Cub Scouter Training Award and Scouter Training Award. That one row of knots is probably as many as I will ever get. I don't think there is anything wrong with people wearing multiple rows of knots, though they do get teased a bit. My father had a lot of knots on his uniform, but he put in a lot of years and served a lot of youth to earn the knots.

"Was your husband a Scout as a youth? There are knots for the adult uniform for having earned Arrow of Light and Eagle. "

Don't forget the "youth religious award knot". That knot is also worn on leaders uniforms. And it doesn't have to be a Scout religious award.

I just ironed on my Silver Beaver Knot yesterday, in time for my Cub Scout Roundtable. That gives me a total of four.

I've applied for my Cubmaster's knot which would give me five.

I have no idea where a sixth might come from.

My latest job is to be appointed treasurer for a pack. I have experience as a treasurer for a non profit, but I have some ideas on how a BSA unit Treasurer should operate, and I will be trying out those ideas.

Don't forget the "youth religious award knot". That knot is also worn on leaders uniforms. And it doesn't have to be a Scout religious award.

*** What does that mean? (Scout religious award)

BDPT00

"I just ironed on my Silver Beaver Knot yesterday."

No scout patch is an 'iron on', unless you use other materials to do so.

"Don't forget the "youth religious award knot". That knot is also worn on leaders uniforms. And it doesn't have to be a Scout religious award."

"*** What does that mean? (Scout religious award) "

The youth religious award need not have been earned as a scout. The awards can be earned by ANY youth. So if earned, the knot can be worn. This is what allowed female scouters to wear that knot if they earned the awards as girl scouts or outside venturing.