New Canvas Uniform Shorts

On the checkout counter of the scout shop they had the spring/summer catalog. Inside the front cover there are codes for discounts. Good March 19 to June 1.

SAVE10 to get 10% off purchases over $60

SAVE20 to get 20% off purchases over $100

Excludes program literature, rank and advancement insignia, gift cards.

Even if he is he or she is A) giving us good info and B) getting input from the field. I've known some national folks who wouldn't take advice and recommendations from those of us that are closer to the field than they are, and know what is needed/wanted.

Good news is that it looks like some of the PTB are getting the message and Supply is getting some good stuff now, i.e. Wisperlites, jet boils, etc.

Bad news is that they are still coming up with some crazy stuff, i.e. CS jeans,and other clearance stuff that folks could have told them, and in the case of the AOL belt buckle DID tell them, won't sell.

Basementdweller,

Nope, I'm an architect and soon to be Cubmaster. Just lost about 40 pounds, planning to lose about 15 more and spending time digging out old uniform stuff that now fits and spending some time at the local scout shop and in the catalog to figure out what I'm replacing and with what.

Planning to wear my ODL from 15 years ago to my son's den meeting tonight. I'm fairly excited to make that work.

I've had several generations of scout pants and shorts that absolutely stunk, so these seem like the best option, or at least the closest to what I'd choose. I'll make sure to get on more threads critical of National. :)

Haven't tried these, but our Summer Camp staff uses the CANVAS switchbacks and they look and wear great! The cheap lightweight switchbacks are comfortable, but not durable and they look sloppy.