Uniform for 18the year old at EBOR

Technically, the local chapter of the Uniform Police would advise you that the 18 year old should wear an "adult" uniform (no rank badge, adult POR patch, etc.)

Practically, I don't know if it matters that much. I would lean towards a uniform rather than a suit and tie, though.

If you're worried about someone at the EBOR making a stink about it, probably check with someone on the EBOR or District Advancement Committee to see what they prefer. If you are the EBOR... I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Our expectation is that the candidate will appear as a scout for the board, as the board is for a scout award. However, if there are extenuating circumstances, an adult uniform, then a suit or sport coat would be appropriate. Most still wear the youth uniform, as they are still in school, or just out.

Local rules apply, so ask your district advancement chair. I'd be happy to see the boy in either Life scout or ASM uni. Both reflect to me that he has a strong connection to the troop. But, if he wanted to feel "grown up" and wear suit and tie, I'd take no offense.

Most of our 18 year-olds show up to BORs with their life scout uniform. They're still getting their heads around the whole adult thing. Some of them give me blank stares when I hand them their voter registration and say "Happy birthday, run my country well!"

Some of them give me blank stares when I hand them their voter registration and say "Happy birthday, run my country well!"

That's a great idea - not just the statement, but giving newly-minted 18-year-olds voter registration forms. I'm going to file that one away.

I regularly sit on EBOR as the District rep. I would be fine with any of those choices, although technically the uniform should reflect his current registered status in the program.(This message has been edited by papadaddy)