Ranger award recognition

So the Ranger Award for venturers (youth) is signified by either the medal or the Ranger bar (either metal or cloth), but how are adults recognized for earning this rare award? Do they still wear the bar informally? Can they wear the medal on formal occasions?

There is no square knot. It's not the highest award in Venturing, so it doesn't get a knot.

qwase- the knot you are referring to is for Explorer Scouts who earned the old Explorer Scout Ranger award, which is a different award.

There is nothing wrong with them wearing the medal on formal occasions, same as for wearing their religious medal(s) earned as a youth and the like.

I had heard that its ok for adults to continue to wear the Ranger bar. I know I wouldn't have an issue with an adult who did that.

qwazse is correct, I spoke too soon. It appears the current Venturing Ranger is a youth award, and is not worn by adults. Whether or not you would wear the medal on formal occasions, is up to the individual, I guess.

AJ,

I believe the Ranger Cloth was finally sold, out of stock.

The Ranger Bar, is (or was) suppose to be for youth and adult wear. Venturing and Boy Scout uniform.

The medal is more for youth under 21, when attending ceremonies. On ocassion that there may be a group of Rangers (similar to a Nest of Eagles)you may find a few young adults (21-30) wearing it with a new Ranger Venturer receiving their award.

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv(This message has been edited by Crew21_Adv)