Rank pins - Eagle

NJ, In regards to the stolen hat, it happened at a homeless shelter we were doing a Scouting for Food project for. If a scout stole it, shame on him. if one of the homeless stole it, I hope they really needed it.

JBlake,

That staff would not have liked my old troop's policy. ANY Scouting, and note I do not specify BSA, hats were approved for wear by the SM. Should have seen us when we went to summer camp when the Canadians were with us right after the twin city ceremonies, as we had guys wearing not only an assortment of BSA hats, but also from both Scouting associations in Canada.

And one of the leaders no longer had a BSA uniform after that ceremony, but he did have a French Canadian Association's uniform. ;)

Trading isn't just for pins and patches. At the 1989 Jambo at A.P. Hill, I traded away 3 class A's and 3 class B's for international unis- Canada, Taiwan, France, South Africa, Mexico and Netherlands. Blokes from the UK wouldn't accept a straight up trade; I said "no thanks" when they wanted the few bucks in my pocket too!

On the next to last day of the Jambo when they came around to take Troop photos, I had to borrow uniform items from 3 or 4 of my fellow American scouts! Nothing I wore in that photo was mine. Even the socks we borrowed. My buddy let me keep those.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The people who matter most don't care if you got 24 square knots on your shirt or an eagle pin on your hat.   You know who they are right??????   So go a head and get over the knot envy and unif

NJ,

Boonie hats are good, BSA even made one briefly. If my fat head could fit in it, the CS version would at the local distributor would be mine. But IMHO, the best all purpose hat is , and I may be committing sacrilege saying it, is the Expedition, aka Brimmed Hat. It's waterproof and crushable. I'm on #2 as the first one was stolen. I've gone through multiple storms, inlcuding hurricanes with them.

BUT, I love my SMOKEYS!

Riddle me this: What's so different about the campaign and expedition that the campaign costs $100 and the expedition only $35?
NJ,

Boonie hats are good, BSA even made one briefly. If my fat head could fit in it, the CS version would at the local distributor would be mine. But IMHO, the best all purpose hat is , and I may be committing sacrilege saying it, is the Expedition, aka Brimmed Hat. It's waterproof and crushable. I'm on #2 as the first one was stolen. I've gone through multiple storms, inlcuding hurricanes with them.

BUT, I love my SMOKEYS!

Beats me on the cost. I bought a $30 campaign hat and it's not official BSA. To-date, no one has ever questioned it. :) If others can produce $30 campaign hats, I have no idea why BSA can't do it as well. I have two red jac-shirts, one BSA official, picked up on sale $20 and the other a Pendleton $30. Again, I've never been asked whether it is official BSA or not.