*2010* Scout Sunday Badge?

I never knew there were Badges for Scout Sunday. Scoutstuff has 2012, of course, and 2011 is still available, but I'd like to get a few for 2010 for the boys who were at that one, too.

Does anyone have any laying around they'd sell or trade?

Is that a Cub Scout thing? I have never heard of it.

For boy scouts it would seem to easy of a task to be handing out an award for.. For them they should start learning that somethings are done just because it is the right thing to do, without seeking an reward for every little thing you do.

I pm'd Moosetracker; I've asked for 4. Two for still-Cubs who were there that Sunday, and two for my now-Boy Scouts who bridged out.

EagleMom, if you have 2 more, I could give them to the Patrol Leader and ... whatever the other guy is called... in the Troop that I remember was there.

I'd be happy to pay you something for them, or I have some neat local patches leftover, and would be glad to trade for those, as well, if you collect. Please pm me and let me know!

Thanks!!!

Ann, this might be a tangent, but I keep wondering. Why do you want to give badges to people for something they did 2 years ago, and people who have moved on? Do you think it will be meaningful to them, after all this time has elapsed? I'm not convinced.

If it were me, I'd hand out this year's patches and say something like "hey! this year they have patches! cool!" and then move on.

"...I'd like to get a few for 2010 for the boys who were at that one, too."

AnnLaurelB,

It's your Pack and nothing wrong with going back and awarding for past participation even if 2 years have gone by.  Do what you think is best. 

Yeah, nothing wrong with it, just strikes me as patch-mania, one of those things that matters more to adults than to kids. Especially the ones who have been out of cub scouts and in a troop for 2 years. But agreed, there's nothing necessarily "wrong" with doing it.

Wolf Cub Achievement #6-Start a collection- this could be the start of a"patch collection" that for some turns into a lifelong hobby.Just handed out to my pack after church last Sun and to the boys who's parents verified they had gone to their own religious institutions.

Used this Scout Sunday as the lead into "Duty to God"achievement.(#11-wolf)