Help with Jamboree info

Hi -

I need some help with information on the National Jamboree. Do you need to be invited to attend? The reason I ask is because of my dad. He was supposed to be a staff member at the National Jamboree in 1973 at Farragut State Park in Idaho. Unfortunatly for him, his appendix burst the day before he was supposed to leave and wasn't able to attend. He was very dissapointed in the missed oppurtunity. We visted Farragut this summer and saw where the jamboree was held, it was obvious he still felt disspointed. I'm hoping to be able to work everything out, so that he can go to the 2005 jamboree. Thanks for any help you can give.

Lisa

Working there is not hard, especially if you are not picky about where you work. Some spots are most likely filled due to connections, but I know there were a lot of food service slots open at the last Jamboree.

I attended the 1977 Jamboree as a youth and I was planning on working at this one (my old son attended with a local contingent), but I got laid off a month and a half before hand. :(

I hope to be able to go to the next one.

Brad