When will the collarless uniform shirt make its appearance?

I liked the way the collarless short looked with a neckerchief.

But I never liked wearing it under a pack.

I think that BSA is trying to promote uniform wear in more environments the we did in the old days, and a collared shirt might get worn more often under pack straps.

But the necker looks silly on top a collar.

RR, I came from the same era...I had one of each as a scout. I think I wore the collarless more in town, and during hot weather. The collared, mostly in cold weather.

If wearing a neckerchief (which was more often in town), the collarless worked best.

I think they won't and I think Joebob hit on why.

It looks like the BSA is trying to promote full uniform wear in more environments for more activities, where the necker would likely get ditched and a collared shirt is more practical.

Besides, if the troop likes the collarless look they can tuck the collar under when wearing the necker.

I wore the olive green collarless shirt when I was a Scout in the 70's. The shirt looked good only when you wore the neckerchief with it because it was made to accomodate the neckerchief. However, the shirt did not look good without it.

If I had to choose one, I would take collared shirt over the collarless one.

You guys really think parents (and scouts, if the lads are encouraged to work off the price of their uniform themselves) are going to be real giggled up at the prospect of buying another shirt and the sew-on accoutrements that go with it?