Scouts Canada Launches New Uniforms

The original switchbacks were awesome. Wish I would have bought more when I had the chance. Unfortunately I bought 2 pairs each of the L and XL to get the right size.

BTW, Does anyone want a Size XL orignal Switchback length 32" ? $15 plus shipping ;)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"so...did anyone notice the pricing of their uniforms? Adult Large uniform shirt for $20 Canadian!"

That's the price for the discontinued uniform shirts.  I could not find a price list for the new replacement uniform. 

JH,

Checked out the link to their insignia guide. If a Scout EVERY possible award then their uniforms will be cluttered up too. But not every Scout earns EVERYTHING. And something to remember Canadian Scouts aren't wearing a badge sash anymore. My son HATES his with a passion. I'd rather have everything stitched on a shirt and only have to worry about grabing a shirt and necker on the fly. Although their uniforms can get cluttered they still have streamlined the dressing process.

I massively prefer the uncluttered look and I admire the Canadian uniform. . . it looks great!

The term "Christmas tree" look is a pretty good expression of how I view the US scout uniform. It's just too much.

My preference is for a clean and uncluttered look. I can recall that when I was 15 or 16, I suddenly very self-conscious of all the crap on my uniform. . . little generalissimo stuff. . . so I pared it way down. I'd suppose current youth at a certain age might also feel they're wearing lots of trinkets---especially so as one gets to be an older scout and earned various stuff.

UC,

If memory serves, those were the ones that national produced, when they did tan strips.

Now everyone uses Ship's Stores as they are AWESOME and have better quailtity on some of their merchandise, ok most of their merchandise (the stuff they don't get from national).