District volunteers in Venturing uniform?

Simple question - Should a district volunteer, such as a Unit Commissioner, who is only registered with the district, but serves Venture Crews with unit service, choose to wear the Spruce green uniform?

Yes, its ok.

There are ADC-Venturing and ACC-Venturing, and you have Council Venturing Committees, and you could have a District Chair for Venturing, so if you are a unit commissioner ONLY for VenturING Crews (please note the correct term), then wearing the spruce green uniform is perfectly fine.

That's one of the reason the uniform has epaulets, so you can wear green or silver or gold loops.

This is from the Scouting Magazine Blog - http://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2010/12/08/council-board-uniform/ - and while the specific question was for a member of the Council Executive Board, it applies to all district and council level volunteers:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We allow district and council volunteers and staff to wear any uniform they wish.

I once visited Salt Lake City where they had all the council officers and council commissioners in Venturing uniform when they were doing just Venturing related stuff.

I have seen the same with the large Middle Tennessee staff [pictured above] as they were demonstrating their commitment to growing and supporting Venturing. Even wearing of the Venturing uniform to Boy Scout-oriented events, such as camporees, promotes the importance of staying in the program to our youth.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Irregardless of the article, Why would you NOT want some district and council level folks in Venturing uniforms? It shows their support for the program, and gives it a little publicity..

Now if national would allow the Scout Shop folks to wear it....

I have a green uniform with silver loops and a District Committee patch, I handle venturing training. I have another green one with silver loops with a Council Venturing Committee patch.

This is from the venturing leaders manual:

"District, division, council, and national adult leaders related to Venturing may wear the green, silver, or gold shoulder loops with the green Venturing shirt."

I really think this should be revised to include youth, but our council VOA officers wear silvers loops anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Scoutbox

Back when you were a kid you were in an Explorer post not a crew, a crew is just in Venturing. Just an FYI for the ADC so you don't make the same mistake in front of experienced scouters.

BP your right. But dealing with Venturing now makes me forget what the heck I was doing 25 years ago sometimes.. Post! Post! Post!.. now maybe I can remember.. man it's been a while.. thanks.. BTW. I found a Post for my Cousin back home.. trying to get him involved in Venturing, but no Crews back home. But a Post?