Red Wool Jacket -on sale

The size chart on the web site is completely wrong in the Jac-Shirt table. The older "sized" jackets on clearance in 38-L and 42-L are what they say they are. The table is meant for the current S-M-L type sizing, and is incorrect. A staff person at my local scout store was aware the size chart is wrong, and said just go by the "General Jacket/Vests" part of the table.

So if a 38-L or 42-L works for you, you are still in luck for $19.99 as of today anyway. Also, the red jackets are NOT being discontinued, according to the same store staff person. Between the WB folks and Philmont crews, there is still a strong demand for the red. At least now there is an alternate choice with the new green jac-shirts.

DR,

Is you store a national one or a local council one? I ask b/c when I talked to some friends at a national store when the green one first came out, they said the red ones were being phased out.

Eagle92 - our store is at council headquarters, run by BSA national employees (yellow loopers), so I'm not sure if that answers your question. I was assured that the red jac-shirts are not going away, but they did transition from the old product numbers to new ones to reflect the new XS thru 5XL sizing. It's possible that someone assumed they were being discontinued when the old product numbers got whacked and re-orders were disabled on them in the supply order system. In this case, there are new product numbers taking there place, but not one-for-one, since there used to be more granular sizes. It appears the red are still made in the USA, while the green are imported, but of course this could change and not be reflected in the product numbers.

DR,

Yep that answers my question. I know the switch from exact sizes to S-M-L-XL was a while back, if memory serves around 2000 or '01. And yes Charlotte does have a habit of losing things, and finding them years later. Still calling Sea Scout stuff Sea Explorer.

I'm glad national changed their minds about the red jackets. Like I said, I talked to my gold loop friends when the green ones came out.

As for the numbers, the sequence tell you product type and size. When I worked for national, the only time numbers changed is when you got a new style of something.

• 3 weeks later...

Not to beat a dead horse but...

I just received my 42 L Red Wool Jac-Shirt from Scoutstuff.org for $20.00 and it fits very well and is true to normal sizing. It's also made in the USA, if that matters to any of your interested folk.