Another Good Reason For Wearing the Uniform.

Yah, not sure attracting photographers is a good reason to wear da uniform. After all, I reckon wearin' any funny clothes would attract photographers of one sort or another, eh? Dress your son in a toga and orange wig next time and I bet people take pictures too. :)

Da real reason of course is to honor those who served in our nation's uniform by wearin' th uniform of our nation's scouting program. Totally appropriate. A salute to you and your lads for standin' tall.

Beavah

Im a firm believer that when scouts are involved in any activity that puts them in the public eye a full uniform is in order. The only exception would be an activity the will damage, or destroy, the uniform. The uniform is a source of pride, and a strong recruiting tool.

I do not think this is a horrible reason; if you are proud to wear the uniform and get recognition for it OK.

My son was a new Wolf years ago and was photographed in the paper doing the Memorial Day flag thing. Got picked up by AP and went national. He was pretty sharp looking in his new uniform. He had a serious look on his face which was why I thought it was picked up --was actually because he was having fun and all the gravestones had flags and he had to bring them back.