2011 World Jamboree Belt Buckle - Upside Down!

I received a box of World Jamboree goodies ordered from Scoutstuff yesterday and when I put the Jambo buckle on the Jambo leather belt I found that the buckle was made incorrectly, the logo is upside down! The only other option is to run the belt around the waist the opposite way, but then the lettering on the belt would be upside down. Anyone else have one of these? Is yours the same? I will be calling them next week to see what they say about this.

Of course there's always historical precedent. When belts were first used with loops they were threaded into right loop and coming around to the left side to buckle. Today's belts thread first into the left side finishing up on the right side.

Now if you were a Federal Civil War soldier you'd put it on correctly so the buckle showed "US". The Confederates would put it on "backwards" so the buckle said "sn" (Southern Nation).

So, Mikeb, unless it's a life or death political statement, I'd just go with threading the belt in the manner of 1865. :)

Your mileage may vary,

Stosh(This message has been edited by jblake47)

Upside down airplanes on postage stamps...

Baseball uniforms (first day a couple of years ago) "NATINALS"

Graduation programs, this year (washposttoday) "GEORGETOWN UNVISERTY"

Best one I saw was a few years back on a hoodie sweatshirt. Full school logo with "University of Iwoa" on it. Buy 'em a book, send 'em to school, and this is what you get. :)

Stosh

I was hoping to call scoutstuff by now but it hasn't happened yet so I'm looking at next week now. The belt is for my son, maybe I should see if he notices before going any further. Heck, he might dig on the upside down thing!

:) Mike, he's going to take a look at it, play with it a few minutes, figure out how to put it on and say "Thanks, Dad!" and the whole thing will be over and done with!

Stosh