Shoulder Loops

Ok, I know we changed the Boy Scout shoulder loops to green with the Centennial Uniform, but the online Insignia Guide at scouting.org says red loops. Have they changed back to Red loops or have they just not bothered to update the Online Insignia Guide for several years now? The inspection sheet from 2008 shows green loops. I do wish they would be consistant and update everything when they make changes.

In the March Scouter magazine they mention that they are replacing the Insignia Guide with a new online site to be launched in May.

So my guess is, they are not spending any time updating the online Insignia Guide.

The Boy Scout shoulder belt loops ARE changing, to what exactly I do not know. But last weekend we had our Council training for district volunteers, heavy focus on the Journey to Excellence and it was revealed that the scouts like the Jamboree epaulets so much they would be giving the different levels of J2E special epaulets so maybe green with bronze, silver or gold pips on them... dunno

'Fish,

Actully the idea of using metal loops on belts started in 1972 with the Boy Scouts. They did away with them in 1989, much to my chagrin since I had just traded my belt with all my Skill Awards as they were called for a British necker from a cute Scout making her way across the USA. Only was able to get replacements, they were advancment and restricted at the time IF they were in stock, when national made repros of them a few years back.

The Skills Awards and the Leadership Corps are the only two things I liked that came out of the 1972 program, but that is a different thread.

Well, obviously National can't just do a Ctrl+H, find "red" replace "green" -- the Life rank would become a green heart! :p

Sometimes people get so caught up in managing the forest that they forget about the thousands of people walking through and looking at the individual trees every day. National is in the business of managing forests.