Yet another Centennial Quality Unit Patch question

Eagle92,

My feeling on that is that as an adult Tiger partner, I was "along for the ride" meaning that I was there so my son could be and no really as a "member." While I was part of the Pack when it was earned, I was not part of the Leadership, therefore I feel that I should not wear it now that I have become part of the leadership. I couldn't wear it when it was issued so why should I be able to wear it now.

I had not responded earlier about this but after thinking about it and speaking with some others I figured that I would add my 2 cents (but I expect change).

The QU award is a unit award as mentioned earlier. It was earned through the combined efforts of the members in the previous year and is worn proudly on the uniform to indicate that you are a member of a good program. It is not won by individuals but as a group. Some members of that group are still with you and others may have gone on to another program. If they go on to another program they do not get to wear that QU as it represents their participation elsewhere and may not apply to the new unit. There are also new members of your unit that have joined since but they ARE members of your group and should represent your group and your accomplishments.

We have people who may not have been with us last year but they are one of us now and we expect them to act like one of us and contribute like one of us. They also display the awards of our unit and wear the patch as part of the proper uniform. JMO, your mileage may vary.

QU is a unit award. It is associated with the unit number, as far as I'm concerned. So if you wear the unit number, you also wear the QU strip that says "this unit is a quality unit."

We just buy ours at the Scout store. They always have lots.