What Would You Add to the National Store?

AJ, I like your idea concerning the SM Books. I have binders of nooks, I hate it. I would prefer no more then two bounded copies in a smaller pocket size book I can carry in my pack. Like it is, I have to have a bag only for books. At this moment, I have a box full of manuals, and books.. too much. Need it more in a compact form, and the CD idea is perfect..

Would like to see a full square necker brought back. And a light weight jacket for spring or summer to be brought into the system for the SM/ASMs. We have several ASMs who wear light jackets int eh field or outside over their uniforms, and they are all mixed up. I love my wool jac shirts. but something lighter would be nice. The idea of a heavy cordora Yucca pack would be great. in tan with BSA emblem on it.

BTW, I just bought my troop 7 sets of the Cook sets for Patrol Cooking. And they worked great this past weekend. cleaned up great, and sore great in the Patrol Boxes. Need to get away from the teflon covered pots, they can cause health problems and toxic when over heated.

Would also like to see the company who makes the Troop Flags to make Troop Banners also sold through the BSA. I did buy a red troop flag we use in the field. Our Full colored troop flag has all of the ribbons on it, so bringing to the field isn't a good idea.

Mike B.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ScoutBox-

The "ADULT WIND TECH JACKET" http://www.scoutstuff.org/bsa/apparel/mens/jackets/adult-wind-tech-jacket.html is $40 and works great. One complaint about it is that the drawstrings can come apart (detach from jacket), but I believe they can be resewn.

Any idea what the easiest way is to order unit flags? I'm considering getting one (over time) for each unit I've been a member of as a sort of keepsake (Cub pack, Scout troop, Venturing crew for campstaff).

I see that they have bathing suits out now.

How about women's bathing suits?

I would not dare show up in a bikini (again) as it appears to be totally taboo. (Regardless of the fact that the program guidelines never mentioned anything...I'll let that drop.

But the fact of the matter is that if BSA is stating what will work and what will not...how about give us an option instead of trying to guess based on vague guidelines...."What will work" and "What will not"

Thanks and peace all ;-)

Scouter.

...and now I know why my wife wanted my password to post something! Changed my password and told her to get her own user I'd ...I'm not having her post about women's stuff (not against them mind you...).

Ok...I'm gonna stop while I'm behind and have my foot firmly planted in my mouth.

One hat for cubs or the option for packs to pick their own cap. One necker, one slide up to Weblos. How about the option of official shoes? Kind of like a athletic shoe/hiking boot hybrid. Just for the heck of it, bring back leggings. For the life of me I don't understand why people don't buy the pants. A pair of Levi's cost more. For a good ten or so years baggy cargo pants have been an item in every guy's closet. plus they turn into shorts! The giant pockets are great. I would like to see the old green uniform make a comeback. If I was born a year earlier I could have rocked a green shirt and red beret. Instead of the ultra cool boy power 76 uniform, I got a brown shirt made by a guy who made dresses and an ugly trucker hat.

How about doing away with rank patches for scouts and put the ranks on the shoulder loops...they gotta be good for something.

Is it me or are kids wearing their socks high again? Good for knee sock sales I suppose.

A Cub Scout requirement book with all of the requirements in one place, the way Boy Scouts does.

Eagle Scout mother and father pins that are gold instead of matte gray. Why does the mentor get a nice shiny pin but the mother gets one that doesn't look at all good next to all of the other mother's rank pins?

Sea Scout merchandise. At least orderable.

And "mice, mice, mice, running through the rice."

sleeveless class B's!!!

although I always just buy a camp tshirt that is on sale from previous year and cut the sleeves off. but I know a shirt that is made to be sleeveless looks better than one that is cut.

I'm one that temp runs hot due to medications - so starting around 60's - 70's I'm already digging out the sleeveless and am boiling when it get's to the 90's. I'm also the one that has to stress "do not judge temp based on what I'm wearing" during the winter months.

Not a fan of sleveless here. Perhaps some T's made form that 'high tech' sportsware (coolmax, or whatever...) But from what i am learning these are all unofficial anyway so I suppose the pack could go get what they want.... I do like the idea of having an official "activity uniform" as opposed to leaving each pack to do what they want....with a defined shirt, pants, etc... Maybe something with a colar to look a bit more respectable than just a T.... maybe a nice coolmax 'golf' shirt.

Official uniform light jacket is good idea, maybe also a sweatshirt choice... (not just pick one of the non-uniform ones form the scout store...). At cuboree, most folks had their unit T-shirts covered with a sweatshirt. Uniform shirts would have been my preference, but even still they would have been covered up too. This is Florida so we don't need anything heavy.

I also like the idea of hard bound books. I'm just getting into the leadership role, but I am really disliking the loose leaf pages. How about an iPad/tablet download version of the whole library.