Old Office Patch on Cent Uniform

Old Office Patch on Cent Uniform

Heres the question. Ive recently been made ASM of my sons troop, a position Ive held in other units before. Can I simply use my old position patch? The reason I ask is the shirt Id be putting it on is a centennial shirt, the patch is an old school green one. Typically Id be quick to say once uniform, always uniform, but I dont want to start off on the wrong foot here.

Thanks for the reply. The troop didn't offer a new patch. You make a good point, if they had been concerned about which one I wore they likely would have provided it. If you cant tell I prefer the old green patch, and am just trying to justify wearing it 

Ill be sure to refrain from knee socks and garters that might make the wrong impression, and is just scary anyway, lol.

LONG LIVE KNEE SOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes I was shouting. ;)

I would not worry about the ASM patch. In fact the literature on the Centenial uniform from May 2008 to April 2010 stated that you can mix and match uniform items form the older ODL uniform form 1979 or therabouts, until Sept. 2009. And in fact they are still on clearance.

So if you still got the red loops, you can wear them, as well as your red and white numbers. ;)

Eagle92, good memories about the knee socks!

Wore them as a cub while living in the Panama Canal Zone...really liked them.

Moved to AZ three weeks after crossing over, didn't wear them there.

Certainly didn't wear them when we moved to AK--cold winter, mosquitos in the summer......