Sleeve Pocket Too Small

Im sure its not just me that has discovered that the sleeve pocket is too small. As I attempt to sew on my por patch, I find that the pocket is too small for the patch. With the bottom of my patch at the absolute bottom of the pocket. The pocket flap lies over the top of the patch. As a unit commissioner, You can not see the words unit without lifting the flap. I have seen very little comment as to this problem in earlier posts. I couldnt help but to notice that the pocket doesnt line up correctly either. Y'all can say what you want about the position of the seam verses the epelet etc. fact is it is either not correct or I got a bum shirt (which I dont think so). What say you all about this sloppy situation.

My ASM patch fits fine on my Centennial shirt sleeve pocket.. my Unit Commissioner patches are on the previous style shirts. I just measured the Unit Commissioner patch and they are the same size.

As an aside... and outside the scope of the intention of the question... but stood out.

POR = Position of Responsibility refers to a youth leadership position... Unit Commissioner is an adult position.

Choice one: Go to sewing/notions section of local store, seek out tool named "seam ripper".

Choice two: Go to work bench, seek out tool known as "razor blade paint scrapper".

Take one of above choices in one hand, hold Scout shirt sleeve appropriately in other hand, and REMOVE THE POCKET by slooooowllly and caaaarefffuullly cutting out the thread holding it to the sleeve. Do not be in a hurry. You can do this. Leaves sleeve open for patch wearing. Small thread holes do not show, will be covered up by patch, will blend back into sleeve material eventually.

The pocket flap was probably mis-sewn. Upon closer inspection while sewing on my patch I noticed mine wasn't "square" with the pocket. If it bothers you and you want to keep the pocket, any sew shop can move the flap to where it doesn't cover the patch for a couple of bucks.

I am so happy the pocket is going away.. The thing is a problem. I have slammer boys that can't get the larger CSPs and the unit numbers above the patches. And the pocket is useless. I don't allow my scouts to carry iPods, and none of them wear the shirt in the field anyway.. they wear t-shirts..