Assistant Scoutmaster

You could all get in a circle facing out, putting index fingers up for horns and harumpffffff real loud. The pronunciation is up to you

OR, you could all line up and start to dance, shuffling your feet, and your call would be, We're all the shuffling buffaloes

OR, your yell would go,,,1, 2, 3, 4, NICKELSSSSSS

If i think of more, I will let you know

OGE,

I was afraid someone would reference the MICHIGAN Wolverines. After Saturday's gift at Wisconsin, their yell could be "whoopee!"

If it were a Badger patrol, I know what the yell would be... "Argghhhhhh!!!!!"

(Sorry for all the football references in this forum).

First I am NOT a football fan of any type. So I didn't get the "Hail to the victor" part at first. Also, we are in the south so not everyone knows there is a football team called the wolverines. We have dawgs and gators down here :)

A yell doesn't have to be based on any noises the critter might make. What would a buffalo (not a predator species) say? "Help me! Help me! I'm being eaten alive." As for Nickel, OGE is showing his depth of experience. When was the last time the mint issued a buffalo nickel?

SCTMOM,

Hail to the Victors works even better when no one knows it is a college's Alma Mater.

Besides, THE BIG CHILL was set in the south, but the college they all attended? University of Michigan

and Eisely, I am not the OLDGREYEAGLE for nothing, emphasis on the first syllable

PS

Eisely is right, dont get stuck on the noise the animal might make. In Scoutmaster Training I was in the Black Buzzard patrol. Our call? The first version was Dead Meat, Dead Meat, I suggested a single word at the end and it came out

DEAD MEAT, DEAD MEAT, CARRION (Carry on)

A scout told me that the first patrol he was in was they were MOOSE. One of the moms in the troop was a hairdresser. She supplied everyone with a can of "mouse". They would hold up the can and say "we're smmoooooothh". LOL