Jac-shirts for cubscouts?

Okay, I have seen the red jac-shirts that the Bot Scouts and leaders wear. But what about Cub Scout leaders?

Same jacket?

Is in a scouting thing rather than a Boy Scout thing?

Or is it a BOY SCOUT thing?

I have seen the Blue Cub Scout vests...man, they are gauddy looking at best.

Things i, I'm not really looking to shell out $90.00 for a coat that I wear on occasion...but by regular emerald green jacket just seems out of place. And my Cub Scout sweatshirt just isn't something I want to slip over my uniform for RT, scout events, pack meetings,trainings etc...

The red jac-shirts have pretty much been for ALL scout leaders for some time. I think at one time, several decades ago, they had a blue jac-shirt for cub scout leaders.

But I think per the new catalog, the red jac-shirt has been replaced by a new olive one.

Ditto what EMB said. Although I think they tried to use the blue jac shirts for Explorers first, then tried to pass it along to Cub Scouters. No dice, everyone wanted the red one. Everyone I know of would also like to have a black bull on it too, except one lady who is trying to find a white one for her jac shirt, but with the announcement today, I think Philmont will have to wait a little longer.

So if you want a red jac-shirt, by all means get them while you can. I've been told that once the inventory is gone, they will be like original theater versions of Star Wars "gone forever."

I feel lucky I have the original with black bull and the tail over the shoulder seam. There is only three or four patches you can wear on the jacket officially. I have seen some of those jackets with a guess of 100 patches on them, to each his own.

Yea yea uniform police bust my chops that it doesn't actually mean anything. Lore is that if you hike the tooth you can wear the tail over the seam. Mine is over, but you also know how I feel about the uniform police.

"Yea yea uniform police bust my chops that it doesn't actually mean anything. Lore is that if you hike the tooth you can wear the tail over the seam. Mine is over, but you also know how I feel about the uniform police."

Hey, I've been accused of being a uniform cop, and I wear the tail over the seam. I don't hassle people about that. If people ask, I'll tell them the lore. That's all it is.

I've limited the patches on my red jac-shirt to an older OA back patch, the universal patch on the left pocket, a sea base patch with segments on the right pocket, and the black bull.

My Jac-shirt was a Christmas present from my wife when I became the Cubmaster. She had worn her grand-dad's as a teenager and thought I should have one. I later found one for my son and gave it to him when he became a Webelos.

There was a Scouting family that had 4 of them - Dad, Mom (CC), #1 son (Boy Scout), #2 son (Cub Scout at the time). It was and still is a kick to see them all walking in to a meeting wearing them. Of course now it is when they come to Troop meetings and activities.

My goal is to go to Northern Tier and add the loon to mine.

John

Scoutmaster

Troop 25

Shenandoah Area Council