New BSA knot

Having spent some time recruiting in the MD guard and as a active duty healthcare recruiter I hope the requirements are giered toward active recruitment to bring people back in. Getting people in or back in can be tough but we can do it!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Eagle; My wife is also a Librarian, and an Arcavist. SHe wrok with teh Unitee Nations in fact. Anyway, good points you made, and thanks for the infomation. On another knot:) By the time this know does come out with the information to earn one, this thread will be long dead:/

Holy Hell!, That looks like a kindergartener wrote that.

What I meant to say was my Wife is the chief Archivist witht eh United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland. Shes a Librarian by Masters in Library Science, and International Relations. Damn...:(

Medical Librarian, WOW! That must be interesting. My wife got her MA Library Science in Germany and second at SUNY, Fulbrite Scholarship, Then while I was at Bragg, she got here MA International Relations. SHes now the Chief of the United Nations League of Nations Archives. She loves the job, lots of work.. she also gets to meet a lot of people. I was there a couple of months ago, and got to hold two Nobels donated to the Library, and a very only Musket Rifle, along with some very interesting paintings etc.. she headed upa new Muscium in the Main Library about the 1st World War. Ive also had the chance to meet Koffe Anann and his wife one day.

So Scoutbox,

I've been interested in how the Italian invasion of Etheopia affected the Ethiopean Boy Scout Movement after League of Nations condemnation proved to be ineffective in affecting a withdrawal.

Do you suppose your wife might have archived material on that?

She might. What you want to do is contactt eh United Nations Archives in Geneva, Switzerland and ask them. Go to the UNOGs website to see.

www.unog.ch/library

then go to (Ask an archavist) on the left side of the page and fill in the blanks..

Hope this helps..

SB

• 3 weeks later...

Updated info:

Last month, the BSA allowed us to peek behind the curtain a bit and see what the new BSA Alumni Award square knot would look like (it was upside down when they displayed it initally on their ScoutStuff website. I contacted them and told them to turn it upside right...and in the process, I was given the following information. This information will be formalized in the way of an application form which may already been provided to your local Councils. Please use THOSE REQUIREMENTS as they are the final versions -- what follows is the draft copy. I was told by Alumni Relations that the final requirements won't change if any from the following:

-------------------

BSA Alumni Award square kniot emblem

(shown right-side up)

Based on the requirements below, complete the Application for the Alumni Knot Award and submit the application to the National Alumni Task Force for approval.

All requirements must have been completed after June 1, 2009.

Applicants must be currently registered adult Scouters of the Boy Scouts of America.

All applicants must receive the approval of their local council's alumni relations committee chairperson and their council Scout executive.

Area I Alumni Identification/Promotion (Complete any 3 of the 5 requirements in this section)

Create and distribute a communications vehicle designed to identify unregistered alumni, that has been approved by the local council alumni committee staff advisor

Assist in planning an alumni activity at the district, council, community, region or national level

Make contact with at least 5 adult alumni, not currently registered with the BSA, engage them in a serious discussion about the Scouting program, provide them each with an Alumni Connection card and follow-up to see if they have visited the web site

Make two presentations to non-Scout groups promoting the BSA, alumni membership and volunteering

Obtain at least two scout profiles or stories, use them in local council alumni promotion and forward a copy of the profiles/stories to the national alumni office

Area II Alumni Engagement (Complete all 4 of the requirements in this section)

Make arrangements for at least two unregistered alumni to attend a Scout activity at the district, council, community, region or national level (must be different than those used below in this section)

Facilitate at least two alumni becoming registered members of the BSA (must be different than those used above in this section)

Personally solicit and obtain Friends of Scouting gifts from at least two unregistered alumni (must be different than those used above in this section)

Recruit at least two unregistered alumni to volunteer at a district, council, community, region or national event (must be different than those used above in this section)

Area III Personal Participation (Complete all four of the requirements below in this section)

Serve on a local council or national alumni or National Eagle Scout Association committee for at least one year

Visit the Alumni Connection web site and complete the alumni scavenger hunt

Upload two of your own Scouting-related photos to the Alumni Scrapbook section of the Alumni web site

Share your favorite Scouting memory through the Rekindle Memories section of the alumni web site and send an ecard to at least five unregistered alumni

All Eagle Scouts must complete one additional requirement in this section:

Become a member of the National Eagle Scout Association and register on the NESA web site

Area IV Personal Education (Complete any 1 of the 3 requirements in this section)

Become an Alumni Ambassador by successfully completing the online alumni volunteer training

Attend an alumni session at the BSA National meeting

Attend an alumni course at the Philmont Training Center

------------------

The Award will consist of a certficate and square knot; the knot emblems are controlled by the Alumni Relations folks and cannot be directly ordered/purchased through the ScoutStuff website.

Thanks for your patience and thanks to Jeff and the team at the BSA's Alumni Relations Service at National for their assistance and for sharing this information with all of you....it is their (and MY) hope that as many of you go out and bring back some Scouters to our programs

It looks near impossible.. Talk about coming up with an award that can't be done everywhere in Scouting.. I can't get two Alumni to travel to national or Philmont from Europe??

Looks more like some one came up with this one who wants to be the only kid in his class wearing it..