New Jac-Shirt

Looks like there's a new version of the Jac-Shirt in green:

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=NEW&C3=&C4=&LV=2&item=611024-9&prodid=611024-9^8^01RTL&

Hopefully this is an additon to the line, and not a step in elimnating the red ones. The red one has 2 styles on backorder, which gives me hope. From the picture on the site, it doesn't seem to be a Woolrich, its thinner and has buttons similar to the centenial uniform pants.

I'm going to stick to the red, but the boys may get the green as it's cheaper and washable. Also wish they had more sizes, but it may not be viable option.

I also noticed the other jackets they have. not to shabby, just wished they placed the BSA logo in a more visable spot.

I also wish they would come back out with the spruce green jacket they came out with in 1998 or 1999 when Venturing first came out. Went great with the Venturing uniform.

for the red one.

I know my husband got the red one years ago and it was a nice thick wool, it was a jacket. When my sons friend made eagle I volunteered to pick one up for her to give as a gift for making eagle, it was red, but no thicker then a wool shirt I questioned where the jacket was, and was told it changed to this. A few months back we were in the store I noted that the wool was thicker then a wool shirt but not back to as thick as my husbands.

I wish they would put it back to the original thick wool jacket, then stop messing with it.

Don't care for the shade of green, but my son's favorite color is green, he may like it.

• 2 months later...

Saw one yesterday in our local scout store. It's nice, similar to the styling of the red one but with the insignia embroidered in black instead of teh sew on patch. Also has elbow patches but in an odd oval shape.

Tried one on, not a bad fit. Color reminds me of split pea soup.

CMM

I picked up a nice red fleece jacket, warm, fits right, easily washable, works wet or dry. Exactly the same color as the old wool jacket I had as a kid. I picked up one of the oval jacket patches at the Scout shop, sewed it on, and I'm good to go. I even sewed on my Philmont Bull. I like wearing this a whole lot more than the wool jacket that needed dry cleaning if I leaned against something. Anyone that has seen it just assumes it is a Scout jacket, and it is because I made it one.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my new OD Jac Shirt this weekend. Was at the TAC Klondike Derby in Kandersteg, and man was it a great jacket to have on. Not only does it look great, but it's also a bit thinker then the last batch of red ones.. It will look great with an OA Patch on the back and the Philmont Bull over the shoulder.. just too add a splash of color.. The embroidered BSA Patch looks god, but I still like the old jacket patch.. Ver warm, and comfy.. everyone who saw it gawked..