BS/Male Leader Short-sleeve Polyester/Wool Uniform Shirt Left Sleeve Insignia Placement

I am wondering if on the new Boy Scout/Male Leader Short-sleeve Polyester/Wool Uniform Shirt the proper insignia placement for the left sleeve is that of the Centennial Uniform shirt or of the previous ODL shirt? The reason I ask is that although the shirt is new and post Centennial Uniform, it does not have a pocket on the left sleeve. My question is specific to Commissioner insignia. On the Centennial shirt it goes top to bottom - Council Strip, arrowhead award touching CSP, trained (Green/Tan) on pocket flap, and POR on pocket. On the old uniform the proper placement is top to bottom - Council Strip, open space, POR, trained(Red/Tan), and arrowhead award. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sherm,

Per the info brochure that was basically uniform policy in absence of an Insignia Guide from August 2008 to April 2009, the Centennial Uniform and ODL uniform items are interchangeable, so you can wear the red loops, numbers, old trained strip, etc on the new uniform.

Whoever thought up the color change wasn't thinking IMHO.

CT

Cub Scouts wear trained strips? ;)

Seriously though can you tell me where it shows that non-unit folks wear green trained strips? i've looked all over and cannot find that info anywhere. I'ld like to have it, especially for this weekend, as we have uniform inspections at district camporee.

Well,

I could only find one National BSA document on this issue - the online National Supply website: www.scoutstuff.org

Item #18120 is the smaller red trained strip that fits on the pocket flap of the "smokes" pocket. The catalog indicates that yes, indeed, Cub Scout leaders wear the red strip.

If we assume that the National Uniforming committee has seen this item in the catalog, and they have not asked the Supply Division to change the description, then can we assume that this description meets the intent, as does in fact set a de-facto policy on the subject?

And no, E92 c,ub scouts don't wear the strip. I made a mistake. the first of many today, I'm sure.

craig

Craig,

I want to publicly apologize if it seems as if I was trying to start an argument,as that is not the case. I try to use humor and emoticons to show that I am not trying to pick a fight and trying to make conversations more lighthearted etc, since it is sometimes difficult to convey the written word without seeign the gestures, tone of voice, etc of the person.

Per the PM I sent ya, I believe nationally royally screwed up with changing the color scheme, then made it worse when they contradicted the information originally given in reference to CS and their leaders. As I stated elsewhere this has caused problems in my pack and at the local distributor. Heck when I called my old national scout shop to try to find the correct information from a national employee, the info he gave me, per what he was told by his superiors, was cotnradicted a week or two later! So this was a complete mess.

Also the Uniform Inspections are a big deal at this district's camporee, with Insignia Guides and inspection sheets being used in the past to clarify why scouts didn't get a perfect score.

EDITED: That's why I asked in all sincerity about where I can find the info. The folks who don't like the inspection results sometimes go after the inspectors and their uniforms. It;s good to have documentation, especially as competitive as the camporees can get.(This message has been edited by Eagle92)

"I went with the green trained strip on the poly/wool shirt. Red Trained strips are for Cub Scouters and Cub Scouts."

Red trained strips are for Cub Scouters AND Venturing leaders and Venturers. This is stated in the insignia guide. (i point this out as I've had people try to argue with me about it) green/tan are for Boy Scout/Varsity Scouts & their leaders.

No guidence for commissioners/district people who aren't program specific that I could see.

Well, that's funny regarding the trained strip color because I just attended a training session where they handed out the green/tan ones. The trainer had a pack of each and I think he handed out the green/tan because there were enough to cover the group of attendees. And they sit in the same bin at the Scout Shop.

I'm keeping my green/tan on my CS leader uniform!

In the insignia guide, it shows specifically how to place the patches for non-unit scouters without the pocket and it is the old way.

Personally, I like the idea of the arrowhead honor being in the place of the unit numerals and would make sense to keep it that way even without the pocket on the sleeve. But per the guide, the arrowhead goes below position patch if there is no pocket on sleeve.

Gotta,

That's ok, ya wearing a "vintage August 2008 to April 2009 uniform." :) Seriously though, there has been so much confusion on this topic b/c national has kept changing things around, and as has been noted in this thread not been really clear on things, that I would not worry about it. If the U.P. come after ya, let me know and I'll send ya A) the info that states cubs in the scout uniform and leaders wear the tan and green insignia EDITED: THAT WAS PUBLISHED FROM AUGUST 2008 TO APRIL OR MAY 2009 ( caps to emphasis edit, not shouting)and B) send you the info that you can mix and match CU items and ODL items EDITED: THAT WAS PUBLISHED FROM AUGUST 2008 TO APRIL OR MAY 2009 ( caps to emphasis edit, not shouting).(This message has been edited by Eagle92)