Need to remove Badge Magic safely without staining

Hi, I've used "badge magic" adhesive to attach my patches to my den leader's shirt but now need to change those patches to different rank. Does anyone know the best way to remove badge magic without staining the shirt or ruining the patches? Thanks so much!

Don't cha hate it picking off all those little thread frizzies after cutting off patches. It leaves all those little hole patterns that make sewing on the next patch too easy too! :)

Been in scouting for 30 years, have 5 uniforms and have only sewn patches. I did cheat this last time for Jambo. I sewed my contingent numerals over my troop numbers and simply cut them off when I got home. Try that with Badge Magic. I didn't even need to go to the dry cleaners either, but correct me if I'm wrong.... I want to remove a temporary patch, toss the uniform into a mesh bag and give to the dry cleaners. Won't ALL the patches come off? That's gotta be a bummer somewhere along the way! :)

Stosh

• 2 weeks later...

I just faced this issue. I changed positions and need to take off and put on different patches. I previously used Badge Magic and had problems with some of the badges coming off at the corners (counsil strip, pack numbers). I decide to just remove them and sew them all back on. The problem I had is that between travel for work, scouting activities, etc, I didn't thing I could afford the time to take the shirt to the dry cleaners (that and I have a big bottle of Goo Off in the garage). I can say that Goo Off worked and all the Badge Magic residue came off without damaging the shirt, but I had to work at it (took a few hours to let the solvent to it's job, getting off ALL the residue off the shirt, and washing/drying the shirt) and it took two washings to get rid of the solvent smell.

For the record, if my son outgrows his shirt and I have to remove his patches, I'm doing the dry cleaning in a mesh bag method.

• 4 weeks later...