Staying active in Scouting after 18?

eisley,

if you think thats confusing, consider the 19 year old Venturing Crew President, by day an ASM who must sleep with the adults and use the adult's shower and when on a venturing activity must now be considered a youth and use the youth facilties. No one ever accused the BSA of being consistent

Tachion,

If you are not yet 18, I would register with a Troop and arrange for an Eagle Court of Honor. Course it is your choice. I am not big on ceremony either and have often preferred to just be mailed my awards - both in Scouting and in my professional life.

But earning the Eagle rank is a major event and if you want it you should have a Court of Honor.

Once you turn 18 you can of course register as an adult Boy Scouter. Like the others have said, most troops would love to have you.

Another option would be the venturing program. You can register in a Venturing Crew as a youth and remain until you turn 21. You can even be an adult Boy Scouter and a youth Venturing Crew member! If you want that is. Venturing is a great program - you should check it out. I am a registered Scouter in both a Boy Scout Troop and a Venturing Crew.

Please do consider staying involved in Scouting.