Powderhorn device on new uniform

"I understood there was a new Powederhorn device that included pins on the back so that you did not need a button."

Haven't heard of that, but there is also a smaller Powderhorn pin, and I know of people who have been wearing that instead of the larger device.

I had at one time hear that same rumor about the smaller device replaceing the larger. That was 3 years ago and both are still available through BSA supply. I later heard (from a council Venture leader who attended PH course #2 and staffed PH #3) that generally the smaller device came out for women. Her remarks were that with the smaller pocket on the women's blouse the smaller device was better proportioned. Also the larger device does not wear well in this position with a woman's figure.

I was given the smaller device 3 years ago when I went through my course and was told that the larger device had been discontinued. I latter discovered that the smaller devices were ordered because they were $.85 cheaper. I prefer the larger device and believe it is much smarter than the smaller. I have both but since purchasing the larger I have only worn the larger PH, and only on more formal occasions.

Not owning a centennial uniform shirt I have not had the problem of how wear it. On the other hand, it should not be too much of a stretch to sew a button on the back side of the flap as on the right pocket flap.(This message has been edited by Buffalo Skipper)

As I have discovered ordering some Sea Scout, or as it was labeled "Sea Explorer" stuff from National Supply, they sometimes have more stuff from long ago than they realize, ie the "Sea Explorer" labels.