New Venturing Shirt has arrived....

As expected, based on the lack of avaliable sizes of the "old" shirts...the new Venturing Shirts have arrived online at Scoutstuff.

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=UNIFORMS&C3=USHIRTS&C4=&LV=3&item=VENTSHIRT&prodid=VENTSHIRT^8^01RTL&

And of course...they're more expensive.

I needed an XL and since our local scout shop didn't have one, I had to call around and have one shipped for a couple extra bucks.

What do you guys think? We can't get enough folks to purchase uniforms as it is and national keeps coming out with more and more expensive ones...we serve some pretty low-income youth...and I know the uni is up to the Crew, but if they want to attend council trainings or events, they're suppose to have the "proper" uniform...including the now $50 Venturing switchbacks...even though there are $18 shorts and pants that are available in very tiny or very large sizes...

I took a look at the shirt.

I was figuring they'd do a dark green version of the Centennial shirt. I don't understand why they did yet another different shirt (which is probably the cause of the higher cost.

Do these replace the current shirt?? the sleeves look shorter, and the pocket flaps look strange.

Honetly, they look ugly. And why is there a venturing logo on the left pocket, a place where those venturers who are workign on Eagle or are Eagle can wear their rank patch at? Also adults completing Powderhorn wear that insignia there?

At least they didn't inlcude a "smokes' pocket on the sleeve.

You guys are all right five dollars more for a poorly designed Chinese crap shirt that is just plain ugly. I am glad I have all the Venturing shirts I will ever need. And what is with that tiny logo on the bottom corner of the left pocket?

No doubt yet another disasterous attempt by National to make the BSA uniforms the ugliest in the World Scout movement and to charge you more for the privilege. Thank you to Mazzuca and his cronies in yet again proving National has no sense of style or quality whatsoever.(This message has been edited by BadenP)

bac,

Go to Scoutstuff.org then uniforms, then shirts and BINGO the these are the new Venturing Shirts.

Hmm maybe I should call my local shop and see if they have the old ones on sale? Then again I still have my EXPLORING BSA one, 'cause it's been worn so much the Venturing BSA strip national gave out doesn't match.(This message has been edited by eagle92)

I was being a little fecetious. These shirts just don't look right.

Maybe this is BSA's way of educating us about Uniforming not being a method of Venturing. Or maybe they're trying to break us of the uniforms altogether in Venturing.