Thoughts on "OA Legends" patch

21 hours ago, Cptsandt said:

The OA is not authorizing the dash legends because they did not come up with the idea and can’t find a way to get ownership of it to make $$ off this item 

Sure they could. All they need to do is come up with a design, slap the official OA logo on it, copyright/trademark it, make it and sell it. 

I have no doubt OA National would make a good deal of money and profit.

But the OA does not want any patches on the back  of the sash and only Anniversary patches have been approved for the front.

The OA could make a nice profit on things like this, but have chosen to keep the sash free of such clutter.

In addition, the legend patches expose an important part of the induction process to the general public unnecessarily. 

I agree completely with you. I don’t know how much more it would expose the legend with today’s internet and social media use. I think the look cool on the back of the sash so in a month or so I am going to go rouge and sew one on. Maybe the OA patch police won’t arrest me 

On 8/13/2019 at 10:48 AM, Cptsandt said:

I agree completely with you. I don’t know how much more it would expose the legend with today’s internet and social media use. I think the look cool on the back of the sash so in a month or so I am going to go rouge and sew one on. Maybe the OA patch police won’t arrest me 

Let us know if you need bail money,  or a cobbler with a file inside.

They do make a "ghost patch" it's all in white and very hard to see from over 10 feet away.

As I stated previously, I would not wear it, despite it looking cool. However that was 9.yesrs ago. OA no longer is allowed to wear regalia for Arrow of Light and Cross Over ceremonies. I see the day coming fast when the OA will do away with regalia altogether.

And I will get one in a heartbeat to wear in order to preserve the traditions of the Order of the Arrow .