Embroidered Nametape for Uniform Shirt

Are there any companies that make embroidered nametapes? I am looking for something that resembles the interpreter strip that can be sewn on instead of pinning on my name tag.

I know that the uniform police will have issues, and there are folks who will call me lazy.....not interested. Just looking for a source if anyone knows of one.

thanks

While at summer camp I saw a troop from Rhode Island that had exactly what you mention. They were tan strips with red embroidery. They were much smaller than the GI name tags and looked very sharp. I hope someone can name a source.(This message has been edited by cimarron8889)

Not uniform police, but a better choice than a fabric name tape IMO.

I have converted the 3-4 plastic name plates with metal pins to a stick-on magnet backer that uses another magnet on the inside of the shirt.

The price is relatively inexpensive, but might be cheaper if you order a bulk when the tag is made. Anyone who has a name tag can convert it over with some side-cutters, and some sand paper.

Much better than getting stuck or putting holes in the shirt.

So why are we giving the uniform police a bad time? Have any of you ever heard (ever!) about someone being upset about an embroidered nametag?

Insignia-conscious folks get a bad rap anyway. No need to start assuming things. I happen to think it's not a bad idea, and might just look into it myself.

BDPT00

That's right, Every one picks on the U.P. until they need them. Where would you be next time you had a uniform emergency and if the uniform Police didn't respond? They put them self on the line every day for us and deserve our thanks.

So let me be the first to say "Thank you U.P." (who ever you are.)

(Blame my mother, she should have raised me better)

But now to reply to the original question - Your local sport / trophy shop should be able to do it while you wait. Last time I priced it in my town, two lines was about $5. Or you could just hand him the shirt and have it stitched directly

This is kind of interesting! We were camping this weekend, and after on of the boys lost his magnetic nametag again (a common occurrence)we discussed this very idea! I used to work for an ambulance service, and our nametags were fabric sewed onto our uniform shirts. It worked great.

These days, many of the mid- to high-end sewing machines can be programmed to do custom embroidery. Some are even set up to already do letters. Take a couple of old uniform shirts and you won't even need to by fabric. (A scout is thrifty you know) There is a chance some mom or dad might have one of these machines.