1953 Jamboree Neck scarf

Hello,

My father died recently and wanted my son (the only scout in the family) to have his scout stuff. My son would like to wear his grandpa's jamboree scarf. Is he allowed to? This would be a special occassion thing only, as it is a bit fragile.

Thanks,

Sonia

I have a 1937 necker I plan on wearing at the Centennial Jamboree.

I have a 1960's uniform I plan on wearing at the Centennial.

I have a 1910 reproduction military uniform with BSA buttons I am also planning on wearing. That might be stretching it a bit, but in 1910 the only uniform available were the US military uniforms.

I also plan to wear my original scout necker I wore as a kid in the early 1960's at the Jamoree. It's the only part of my original uniform I still fit into. :)

I say, go for it.

A scout uniform never goes out of style. If a boy wants to wear a uniform from the 1950's or 1960's there's nothing wrong with it. I have two boys in my troop right now that wear that uniform all the time.

BSA uniforms never become obsolete, and especially during the centennial year, wear it!

Stosh

I understand you thoughts. This June if all goes well, my Cub Pack will enter our local parade. I plan to fit out as many boys as i can in uniforms that I have collected over the past few years. Yes there will be a cubscout that may be wearing a uniform that has a Eagle Scout patch on it. It also has a Jamoboree patch, and OA flap. Our theme will show scouting uniforms through history.

If anyone would ask about the neckerchief he is wearing, he should just explain that even though he wears it for special occasions in memory of his grandfather.