Changes to Webelos neckerchief?

Last month I picked up a Webelos neckerchief for my son that will become a Webelos at the end of the school year. Just last week I spoke to another parent and they said they went to our local Council scout shop and they didn't have any Webelos neckerchiefs in stock and told her that they didn't have any because there was going to be a change to them. Does anyone know anything about this? I know what I bought will be fine, I just found it a bit strange.

I read on a local council website that all neckerchiefs are going to be changed. They will be larger, the boy scout ones will be new colors, most of the popular color combinations will be discontinued and replaced with more "earth-friendly tones." The new boy scout ones are on scoutstuff.org.

You're close. Tiger neckers are new material (nice and soft) and a little bit smaller (about and inch in long edge length). Wolf and Bear are not changing at this time and Webelos are about 6 inches longer on tha long side.

Several BS neckers are being re-designed - about 10 inches longer on the long sides and 6-7 inches on the shorter sides. Some of the less popular (at least in my area)designs have been "retired". Some have just been upsized. There are several new color combos too. Not all of the new or redsigned stuff is in the stores or on scoutstuff yet. It's a 6 month role out period.

Adult leader, commissioner and eagle neckers are getting upsized too.

IT'S ABOUT TIME THEY RESTORED THE NECKER SIZES!!!!!! (yEP I AM SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS)

But the removal of some colors does concern me as you do have some units that go back 90+ years and have been using the same color neckers, even the current small neckers, for all these years.

Some of the changes have to do with supplier issues. Others are to restore length to short neckers! Haha.

My first wood badge tartan was super short, just 3 inches longer than my son's Webelos necker. When I moved and thought I'd lost my first one, the second I bought was 9 inches longer!

• 4 weeks later...

They were supposed to be in the warehouse to ship out by mid April. They have not arrived yet as I can't get any into my store. The slow boat must have taken a detour again. These aren't the only things to arrive/not arrive on schedule. I won't rant about my feelings on the current state of our suppliers. All I can say is keeping checking back.

....Or learn to speak Chinese and call them direct, lol......

Well National has pretty well screwed up with the new uniform so let them screw up the neckers too and we will see just how even more difficult it will be to get the kids to wear the uniform. Maybe the new neckers will have brightly colored balloons on them with pictures of all the ranks in them, and the new cap will be the old beanie with a swirling propellor on top(China still makes those things). Nothing coming out of National surprises me anymore.